Friday 21 May 2010

the destination part 2- the bunker


Bill lead us in convoy to the Bunker.
The big doors slid open and like 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' Charlotte and I stood in awe.


Bill spent about an hour giving us a guided tour of shelves and shelves of stock. 
Everything had a story, a history, a purpose. 
First World War, Second World War, Korean War, Vietnam War, Desert Storm 1 and 2........


As Bill said 'all this ingenuity to kill people'. 
I've often found people who deal with this sort of stock to be a little.... well.... creepy but Bill is one of the loveliest people I have met. With three daughters and a wife, who Bill describes as 'a good scout', he has his feet firmly planted in a happy life.


And like any collector he just can't help himself. 
Perhaps you are in need of a street lamp?
Here's one!




1 comment:

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!