Thursday 1 December 2011

on a rooftop in fitzroy



Last night was the opening of the Design Files Open House, in a warehouse down Little Napier Street, with lovely people and nibbles and drinks. It was sort of like visiting a house inspection and having a party, there was a bit of bathroom envy and lots of staring at unusual views of Fitzroy through windows and checking the sky out from the rooftop terrace. It's always fun seeing your neighbourhood framed in different ways.
The kid's bedroom was a hit and I think everyone wanted to move in, people just stood there drinking in all the bits and pieces. Can you imagine lying there with all your dreams floating around with Madeleine's hot air balloons? (And there she is in the photo below about to investigate upstairs.)






And early in the proceedings Lucy gets chatty and people checking out the goods and the canapes.




Up on the rooftop watching clouds and laughing at the dachshund doing patrols of the terrace opposite.






I left feeling drunk, all a bit strange as I don't drink alcoholic beverages anymore. 


5 comments:

  1. Looks great - I'm popping in there tomorrow for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, it all looks very lovely. And a great write-up in the Age, too.
    May I please put a link to you on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great - I'm heading to Melbourne for the next couple of days (from Daylesford) - how long is it open for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry - me again... I just looked up the dates on your link (duh) - and visited the link to your shop... I've been in there... It is BEAUTIFUL and a very very inspiring place to visit - well done! Mika

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!