Saturday 12 June 2010

saturday papers and buckets of tea



My how these Saturdays come around so fast!
It's time for me to be shopgirl once again.
Long weekend here, Queen's Birthday, start  of the snow season and all that- so I wonder whether it will be a quiet Saturday or not. I walked out to get brekky and the paper and it was cold and a bit Scotch Mist-y (to me Scotch Mist is always Ballarat in  the winter, the air laden with tiny droplets of water- and not some alcoholic beverage as some of you tipplers might  think!). A good day I would think for reading the newspapers over steaming cup of tea. although I do think it is really nice to go for a wander in the cold, it makes for that snuggly feeling when you get home to the warmth and glow of home.
I have been trying to decide which projects to work on in the shop today. I have new religious safety pins to put on cards and the knitted necklaces have been going gang-busters so I need to make more of those and I have a few knitting projects I want to work on. I used to love reading the Saturday newspapers but I don't think I have had a chance for the last couple of months, occasionally right at the end of the day I might get to quickly scan them. I loved sitting at the kitchen table with bottomless mugs of tea, working my way through the papers. Bliss.





3 comments:

  1. Yep, that's a saturday for me too. Newspapers & tea.
    And then afterwards, when I decide that all the news is rubbish & the crosswords are unsolvable... I burn it in the fire.
    Sadistic, I know.
    Have a great day in the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heaven is a cup of cha and the weekend papers. bliss!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great Charles Blackman piece
    in the Saturday mag. (Sad though).

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!