Wednesday 30 June 2010

cold enough to freeze a witch's tit




The highest temperature the studio get to yesterday was a balmy 12ºC.
And that was with the new heater I had raced out and bought on.
At one stage the tips of my fingers were glowing an unhealthy purply red and beginning to go numb. When it's like this I just channel my 'artist in a freezing garret' and try to get on with things! I'm also channelling a 'consumptive artist' at the moment with my cough-and-snot issues (charming I know).
It's funny after all my studio issues (that is not wanting to be there and finding it a bit depressing when I am) that I am now annoyed that friends have just rung, are coming down from the hills into town and want to catch up today. I am glad to see them but torn that I had things planned to do studio-wise. Oh well- life will sort itself out when it's ready I suppose.
Mind you by the time I get to the studio, even with a heater, I'll probably be so chilled to the bone in that warehouse space that I would rather be somewhere else. Fickle.



3 comments:

  1. Yesterday was FREEZING!! And I get it with the friend thing: you had to psyche yourself up to do work because of artist/freezing garret scenario and just when you were psyched you had to let it go. Now you'll have to re-psyche for the next time and that takes a lot out of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday was FREEZING!! And I get it with the friend thing: you had to psyche yourself up to do work because of artist/freezing garret scenario and just when you were psyched you had to let it go. Now you'll have to re-psyche for the next time and that takes a lot out of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, it's bloody freezing alright!
    I'm getting nothing done, I just sit infront of the fire all day like a blob. I dare not venture outside, might turn into an isicle & get swept off the hillside.
    Hope you find peace with the studio soon.
    May your bones be warm & your heart be happy. x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!