Saturday 19 June 2010

press button for service


Thank goodness Jethro woke me this morning. I had managed to hit the off button on the alarm. I could still be asleep now. In fact I would like to still be asleep right now. Damn you Jethro! He sat on the bedside table and meowed at me until it sank into my strange dreams and came to the surface. And they were very strange dreams, even when I was deep in them I was thinking 'this is very weird'.
Another day as shopgirl today and I'm trying to find the right needles to work on the project I started yesterday that didn't work out right- so many needles, never the right size. I finally made some button earrings last night, they have been on the 'must make' agenda for sometime. I seem to have a lot of things on the 'must make', most of which have been started but not actually finished. It's that hump point where procrastination rules supreme and things just sit and taunt you. I need more clocks, to finish the shibori purses, make more brooches, knit up scarves (wool is at studio next to knitting machine), finish the notebooks that have been half-done for months....... maybe if I did all this I would be able to see the top of the old kitchen table upstairs. Then I could sit there on a Sunday morning and read the newspaper and drink tea and eat my breakfast- all sounds a bit too civilised to me.





1 comment:

  1. Gee whiz lady! You're as bad as me. I can blame the small child though. It's so hard to finish a project sometimes. I start feeling resentful towards it & then just can't be bothered & put it in the too hard basket. A little graveyard for unfinished projects.
    I hope you still get your tea & paper in the morning.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!