Friday 4 June 2010

crepe and cumquats


I've been working in the studio most of the week and everything seems to have taken an absolute age. My hands still don't seem to have their garment making memory back and I fumble and slip constantly. Something that should take a day to do has taken most of the week.
On an up-note the new wool crepe and shibori dresses are almost finished. Just a bit of handstitching of hems and belts and they will be instore. They are inspired by some crepe dresses I used to have from the early thirties, fitted across the sleeve, shoulders and bust but skimming the body down from there, sort of loose without being loose..... it's going to be interesting to see if people can get their heads around the fall of the crepe and the way the garment sits on the body.

 For a bit of a break yesterday I snuck out to raid the world's biggest cumquat tree around the corner. I think the workers from the office next to the tree thought I was a complete loon as they popped out for their ciggies in the car-park. It's funny how urban harvesting can really freak people out. 





3 comments:

  1. Wow both that frock and the cumquats look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum those cumqats (terrible word!) what a cool tree!
    beautiful dresses too! they will fly out I'm sure!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah. You've done it again.
    Those dresses are deeply covetable.
    I'm a total sucker for shibori and falling crepe.
    Char.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!