Sunday 16 September 2012

showland



I know you are all probably sick to death of the Trials of Showland but we are almost at the end.
Early this morning I loaded the car and set off to deliver our entries. Drew managed to stuff up slightly and went down the coast to celebrate his birthday and forgot to drop his onions off to me (he's going to attempt a sob story tomorrow and see if they will accept his pickles). Dell, even stressed and overloaded with her exhibition opening this week, dropped her pickles and preserves off to me yesterday (she's like me, when there is too much on we both procrastinate with cooking!), pair of jellies, exhibition shred marmalade, pickles and 'whore's radish' (as I like to call it) made from the plants she grew from the horse radish roots I brought back from Tasmania last year.




 I boxed up my sponges, labelled my lamingtons and truffles and basket-ed up my marmalade and jellies. Once I got to the show grounds it all happened so fast, everything was barcoded and swiped in and trays of preserves were whisked away. As I pulled my plain sponge out of its box and the girl who was checking me in gasped and said quickly 'oh my god, that looks amazing!'. Chuffed. Then as I left one of the judges came over to ask my name and wish me luck. It really was all so fast I didn't even get to check the competition but there was all sorts of different types of people dropping work off and I thought that was interesting and fabulous. I'm going to make you all participate next year!

So the Show starts on Saturday. Wish us luck!



3 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait to see your stuff in the glass cases at the show! I think we'll go on Grand Final day. Are you going on the first day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm sure you won't need it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suerte Pen! I'm sure you'll win a Blue Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!