Thursday 19 May 2011

blankety blanks




I was stuck behind a mountain of blanket strips today. See, there's my chair and machine.




It feels good to get some work done. I'm always surprised at how pretty it all looks. I hang each one up as I finish a panel and see how it's all come together. They are pieced in a very organic way and I never really know how they will look until I am up from the sewing machine. Then they change as they are stitched together and again after quilting when they are all cut into quilt lengths. I love the randomness of it all.


2 comments:

  1. I love quilts!!! They always look so comfy. Great job! :)

    <3 Belly B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love them! I remember those check blankets, I even bought my parents the purpley ones in 1975 as a thank you present♥

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!