Thursday 11 August 2011

we are but a small cog in the machine



I was just over at Prick Your Finger this morning reading about the passing of the Knitting Monsignor (his bio reads like free form poetry) and Rachael 's post about the riots in England. She wrote 'sadly, destruction is also a form of creativity, which rears it's ugly head when there's nothing else to do'. Consumerisms nasty downside at play perhaps but teach a person a craft and they will have busy hands and minds. I'm sure the call for National Conscription will ring out soon.....




Today's pictures are of the big quilting machine that is currently working its magic on about 25 metres of blanket quilts and 50 metres of vintage quilt tops. I have been promised it will all be ready today. I may have to strap it to the top of my car to get it all back to the studio.
I haven't really had a single day in the studio this week although that had been my great plan. I seem to have spent it hurtling about in the car picking things up. I did get to collect more stock from my knitters and yesterday afternoon I got a heap of woollen socks dyed. I know everyone is fixated on Spring but it's been cold enough this week to remember Winter is really not over yet.
So the good news is we have lots of lovely knee high and over the knee woollen socks for those people who have been patiently waiting for me to get my act together.
New stock=happy Pen.
(New blanket quilts too- hopefully by the end of today.... or maybe tomorrow..... fingers crossed....)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!