Friday 5 August 2011

in the perfumed bower



This is what I see when I look out my front window. I am up in a cloud of magnolia blooms and heady scent.
The last two weeks have been just crazed and now, apart from this evening's opening at Mr Kitly, everything is done and dusted. I'm going to the studio today and tomorrow I will play at being shopgirl and then retire to the couch in the evening. Perhaps I will even loll about a little on Sunday.
I still have lots of work to do and new projects to start, things that have been put on hold slightly- and it is also almost time to take a break. A friend of mine calls me a 'misanthrope'. I'm not really, I just need time away from people once in awhile, to stare at stunning views and marvel at nature, talk to no one and slow myself down, then I can be polite again. Sadly I am in need of this break a little earlier than usual this year..... I think most people should have a 'quiet time' now again, a time they spend time alone, getting comfortable with being solitary and quiet. It does me a world of good but I know quite a few people who just can't do but should!
For now I'll pretend to sit up high in the magnolia tree.

5 comments:

  1. It is too exciting. Our jasmine is blooming and there are tiny little bright green buds on everything. The magnolias in the street are simply divine. Enjoying early Spring but hoping more rain is on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pen, I need quiet time EVERY SINGLE DAY or I feel as if I'm losing my mind.

    Which is why I can't understand why so many people need twitter or facebook or a mobile phone on every minute - do they cease existing if they aren't "on" all the time?

    Hope you get your break very soon, and some lovely quality quiet time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, lolling about in/under/up a magnolia tree is my kind of quiet....I like to be quiet too, more often these days....but then when I am happy/excited I do chirrup on! Wishing you hush,

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS Eat drink Knit chat looked amazing, loving the pompomerama, so wistful....

    PPS Am only qualified to eat drink and chat, find casting on quite tricky!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!