Friday 4 November 2011

flag



In amongst doing boring jobs yesterday, like trimming down tea towels, I thought I had better do some work on some First World War recruitment bunting cushions that have been sitting there mocking me with their unfinishedness. Then I got sidetracked and started cutting up an old wool flag I had scored. I'd washed it and then it had hung around the house until I finally remembered to take it to the studio where it had sat draped over the back of a chair.




It's an old wool/nylon flag (nylon for the strength) , I've used these ones before, in fact some from around the time of the Melbourne Olympics. This one is beautifully faded and when I unpicked the header there were the original colours . I just had to include them. The blue has faded down to like an old pair of jeans, slatey and uneven and the red is almost prawn pink in places. I'm in love with their faded glory.




1 comment:

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!