Friday 2 April 2010

what makes a good friday?


All is peaceful here. Quiet and slow. 
I slept in, finished my book, drank buckets of tea and attempted not to feel guilty about doing 'nothing'. You see at heart I am a total three toed sloth, I love sleeping and just hanging. 

This week hasn't been a good week. I've been out of sorts and sad and flat and generally feeling lacklustre. I've hated the studio and everything in it and have been feeling the stress of both monetary and creative pressure. Yesterday afternoon I did get some work done and it was a simple project that has been giving me havoc for a year (the simple ones always drive you insane). It was if the two boxes of yarn and the knitting machine had a bit of a chat and agreed yesterday was not a day to cause problems or, perhaps, I just realised that the answer was really simple and had been trying to make it harder than it needed to be.
So with a little quiet today I may just have stumbled back on the path I thought I'd lost. I just might have remembered what it was I wanted to do, the things I wanted to make. I'll see, things have a habit of changing around here but I am feeling a little cheerier and a little more focused.


Still no email connection. Although Internet (non)Provider has admitted I am not the only one that has had the problem (after they basically blamed me for it, 'madam no one else but you has this problem....') just that I am the only one they still haven't fixed. On the bright side at least I still have the internet connection up and running (just jinxed that I know...) and I get to talkto some poor call centre jockey morning and night who likes to tell me they are dreadfully sorry, blah, blah, blah...

A good-ish Friday.



1 comment:

  1. Hello just popping over to give you your doctorate in call centre etiquette! It is a national sport over here too! especially over holiday weekends!~

    Love those crochet chicks, we had egg cosies like that when I was a chicklet, hmm wonder where they are?

    Happy Easter Pen x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!