Friday 20 July 2012

winter lights




In the darkest depths of Winter strange and wonderful things appear.
It's that time of the year again- Gertrude StreetProjection Festival lights up tonight and for the next 10 days. 





I was wandering down the street last night to get a pizza from Ladro and ran into Kym Ortenburg who started this whole sheebang. The night before is all about testing and checking and it's always good for a bit of a sneakpeek. I especially love the projections on the footpaths and how everyone stands around them looking down, I know one of these is interactive this year.
It's really worth coming down for a gander. I always think we should set up a hot chocolate cart! As we do every year we are setting up a tiny pirate screen in the front window (hopefully).





I made it to DMT yesterday and as usual it didn't quite know what it wanted to be. The highlights were the three state craft stands, Craft Vic and especially the Jam Factory and Design Island, professional, well considered and beautiful work and fit out. And this year the stand uprights weren't made of cardboard so there was no feeling of a collapsing cardboard box cubby!

Off to the studio today, sadly not to make blanket quilts as the quilter is now running behind. Probably a good thing as I'm not sure I am up to it. The shop is looking weirdly bare of some things.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!