Monday 15 November 2010

not (flag) waving, drowning


I had so much I needed to do today.
Stuff to pick up, stuff to order, stuff to do around the house.
I started with all the close errands, ticked them off on the mental list, but somehow the errands managed to get further and further out of Melbourne and suddenly I was 50 kms away from home and wondering for how long I can procrastinate. The whole thought of Xmas this year turns me into a quivering mound of jelly rocking in the corner, I just feel so unprepared. That was one of the to-do things today- pull out the Xmas decorations but I ran away instead. This is the problem when you are making most of your own stock, Xmas just becomes the most exhausting time of the year.


I did manage to get these cushions done last week. To carry on the 'theme' of last week these cushions are made from First World War recruitment bunting. The flags are made from waxy cotton and are quite delicate and papery- not exactly the type of cushion for lolling on but very beautiful. A 'collectors cushion' shall we say? The flag panels are backed in cotton and the reverse of the cushion is the lovely Swedish linen I have been using for the Xmas stockings and other small bits and pieces like pin cushions.
So tomorrow I must wave procrastination begone and buckle down to the long hard slog that is Xmas in Retail Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!