Saturday 2 October 2010

groundhog day


As any cook will know it's very hard to 'rebuild a wobbly pie'.
It's also very hard for a small business to carry yet another quiet day in retail due to another goddamn Grand Final Day. So yes today is a Groundhog Day. If you are worried about coming into town because you think it will be bumper-to-bumper let me tell you you could have parked anywhere you liked last Saturday! That's the amazing thing about Grand Final Day in Melbourne- it's a fabulous day to go shopping!!
On a chirpier note it's a beautiful Melbourne Spring day out there and I ventured out early to run my errands. Newspapers, apricot and walnut bread from Dench (my new addiction), gorgeous scented white freesias (my favourite flower), a cannelé for afternoon tea and some Bundaberg ginger beer for later. Perfect.
I seem to have got everything done in record time this morning. I'll probably end up dawdling and then been suddenly shocked to find it's 11am and be all rushed and frazzled. Still got half a bucket of tea to drink and then I might go vacuum.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day......

    I am reflecting that this time last year I was in heaven spending time with those faraways of mine. And YES, I went shopping on Grand Final day and it was Brilliant, met lots of cool people, I seem to recall you were one of them!

    Have a great weekend,

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Pen! The picture wasn't loading for me and I read the text thinking "oh yeah, wobbly pies, that's pretty good I guess", and completely cracked up when the picture did load! Classic!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!