Sunday 28 March 2010

elspeth thompson


I woke up this morning to a sad message about Elspeth Thompson's death on Thursday the 25th of March. She was a writer I greatly admired and loved following her posts about the Victorian railway carriages she was renovating and the creation of her garden in a pebbly English seaside town.
She began sending through lovely messages to me after I mentioned her in a post about daydreaming on a tram. I loved her writing about observing changing light through her home as the seasons progressed and on her beloved sea shore. She was also a forerunner, and much  imitated, in her books writing on living well in a sustainable manner and reviving home crafts. 
I'll miss her greatly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!