Saturday 3 October 2009

she did a bad bad thing


........ but at least it will grow back.
Decided at 9 o'clock last night to clipper my hair off.
Even when you are going from about 10cm down to about 2cm it can be a rude shock- and your ears feel naked!
The decision to clipper has been floating around for a while now. I haven't done it for YEARS.
And now, of course, I am a ton heavier, a squidillion years older and wrinklier but I really wanted to see how my developing grey hairs looked cropped. The next time I clipper will probably be when the full head is grey/white.
And the great thing (and the main reason) is I love the way it grows back as an even crown of curls. If you have curly hair you'll know what I mean. Drastic I know.
So here I am Mad Bertha to Asylum Bertha overnight.

And I forgot until I cut it all off that I have a widow's peak (must be the vampire in me).


3 comments:

  1. But how those eyelashes stand out!
    Sometimes I fantasise about going the clippers when my bouffant gets out of control, have never quite had the gumption to do so, uneven ears is my excuse. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Such a good head!

    I would like to see my hair grow out of a clipper cut, but I fear with my giant square head, it would be too drastic a move for pretty much everyone in my life including me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it, and with cheekbones and eyes like yours you know you'll be all killer no filler.
    cannot wait to see it in the flesh.
    so envious I cant do the same thing with the block of cheese i call my head!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!