Thursday 9 April 2009

tree project


I had lots of running around to do this morning. I was stuck in the car. So of course RRR was tuned in. Richard Watts interviewed the people from the Australian Blacksmiths Association (yes there is one!) and the project they have started. I cried. 
The Tree Project is all about the creation of a gum tree made of stainless steel and copper. The leaves are being handforged by blacksmiths all over the world and you can actually sponsor leaves and gumnuts to be made on your behalf. It is going to installed at Strathewen later this year. Go and have a look and a read of the website and see the beautiful leaves that have already been made. As we move into the next phase of the healing process these sorts of projects take on a new and powerful role. This piece has the potential to be strikingly beautiful,


2 comments:

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!