Tuesday 28 April 2009

pell mell


Never enough time.
Too many things to do.
Sometimes I wish I was an Hindu goddess with 8 arms..... of course if I was an goddess I could just wave my hand and it would be done. Sigh. I'm just an ordinary me with too much to do and so little time.
I was awoken this morning by crashing and banging next door. Looks like the renovations have finally started. I walked out the door to see the hoarding being erected right up to my front door...... Not a good way to start the day. I'm now worried no-one will be able to see us. The upside is a few ideas about blank walls and 'art'......... (heehee- anyone feel like joining me in a bit of cut-and-paste? It's almost a year since Miss Magnolia was done....... I have a plan....) 
The last few days in the studio has been a frenzy of piecing and stitching. I've been pulling out boxes of vintage wools and velvets and ironing up scarves. The studio has been looking like the Dance of the Seven Veils got a little out of hand. But it's all done now, well at least the first run. It's a new project that has been hanging over my head for the last year and I've been part itching to do it and part scared stiff that it's not going to work. I just won't know until it all comes back to be finished..... stay tuned.
The cooler- no, let's call a spade a spade- cold weather has made everyone glove-mad and I'm panicking about stock. I'm car-bereft at the moment and it's making life a little difficult, I can't run errands as quickly as I need to. And lugging cushions up from the studio is a complete pain in the whatsit. OK, I'm grizzly today, tired and stressed- 'what's new?' you ask! Hmmph!
I've managed to get stock made to go into Eastern Market this week and I'll be dropping that off tomorrow. This type of stock is different to what I have in the Cottage. Still hand made but a little bit strange- leather bags made from washed hides, all the raw edges and dangly bits still attached set onto vintage purse frames. They sort of look like a vintage granny handbag that's mated with road kill.........
One thing I am happy about is that I managed to get the first run of wool jackets in store. They have hoods and Italian twill lining and the wool blend is really nice. More to come......



4 comments:

  1. I'll help, I have cut and paste skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whatever mischief you're planning, count us in.

    And please, if you need me to transport cushions, just call me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh me too, and you know Max's hands are itching to get into mischief as well!
    xb

    ReplyDelete
  4. and whatever you're doing with those silk scarves... I LIKE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!