Sunday 3 February 2008

of ladders and drop-sheets



Sorry but you are just going to have to put up with the renovation news for the next couple of weeks.

This weekend has involved tearing things out, pulling things down, ripping out dyna-bolts (I have a love hate relationship with the dyna-bolt), falling off ladders, lots of over painting with undercoat to get get rid of the red and patching of hundreds of little holes.
The kitchen has me stumped and I think the only way to get it to function is to rip the whole thing out. There is very limited space in the kitchen/bathroom/laundry way and it is going to take drastic steps to get it sorted. I knew it was time to come home when I found myself standing in the kitchen peeling the red paint off the walls in long strips. It was like peeling sunburnt skin, very enjoyable in a weird way.
I hate blu-tac by the way. Anyone who uses it should be made to remove every scrap of it before they move out.
I desperately need a sparky and a chippy (and a plumber but I don't know the nickname for one of them, we used to use the term 'Reg' but he moved to Cobram). I wish I still had my pet tradies, they were so handy.

3 comments:

  1. Wish I had some tradies to send your way.

    Great windows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo trés excitement...

    tearing out a kitchen seems scary though... good luck...

    Ps. I have just recovered from a hangover which you inadvertently contributed to, as I was given shots from a strange gay man across the bar because of my wunderbar golden tashe!!!

    yay, for double rewards, I have the purse, and I get free liqour!

    thanks pene!

    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bugger, missed the first paint-off
    will speak to the inhouse architect and see if he knows any of the trade mafia
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!