Saturday 14 December 2013

10 and a bit days to go




I was up ridiculously early this morning, a quick jaunt to the Coburg Farmer's Market to pick up a stash of Dr Marty's Crumpets (some to eat, some to freeze, ha) and to ditch the cardboard recycling (which I am getting phobic about as it was the cause of Topple #2). I am quite weary, I can't believe that it was only a week ago we were all in the kerfuffle of the BDM, it feels like yesterday or a year ago. 
I'm in the shop again today, I am a little confused by which day it is having worked yesterday and working again tomorrow. There is a change to Sunday trading hours as the Xmas party has been sadly cancelled due to the pneumonic plague (chest infection) in the home of the hosts. No pavlova, no lovely company, no delicious food.... but that is OK as I would rather healthy hosts who have the strength to enjoy their own party!! So the Cottage will be open 12 noon to 4, same number of hours just a slight shift into the afternoon and a little sleep in hopeful.
In shop news just a little warning that we are getting low on a couple of things. We are down to one lone chai tea glass set, three large Turkish towels and a handful of handtowels, the enamel Turkish coffee pots have sold out in some sizes so only a few left in the extra large and small (hopefully we can get another order in next week of these), the small enamel beakers are low as well but if the stars align we might get the new delivery of enamel later this week with new styles and top up of existing stock (fingers crossed) but I suggest not leaving the enamel to the last minute just in case (gulp) and some of the birds are close to selling out, especially the tiny ones.
We still have stock to arrive and I need to get back into the studio of one last making fling. And somewhere in all this I need to get some jam, biscuits and caramel made. 
Oh and I still haven't done the Xmas window.
Anyways my friends, you know where to find me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!