Thursday 20 October 2011

petrichor



The scent of petrichor* was strong this evening when I went for a walk. Hot concrete and spits of rain.
A bit of a mishmash of a day. I was awake most of the night (damn daylight saving's lag), I went to bed knowing that there was no use in trying to get to sleep so went and sat outside on the thunderbox drinking tea, chatting with Jethro and listening  to the pigeons tumbling off the roof next door in the throws of a Spring Fling. Then back to bed at about 4am for a bit of sleep.
I spent the day waiting for the new batch of satchels to arrive, no show, a waited satchel never arrives, tomorrow hopefully! I did manage to get odd bits done, emails answered, a meeting with a wholesale customer, new vintage lampbases polished up, flower brooches priced, a new shipment of glass domes unpacked.
Stay tuned for the satchels tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

*Just a nerdy Doctor Who reference there......

1 comment:

  1. Ah the scent of petrichor, I wish you could bottle it and sell it! It is possibly my favourite, even above Miller Harris which is really saying something!

    xXx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!