Friday 21 May 2010

homeward bound


With the car loaded I started back for Melbourne.
Via Yackandandah.
Mainly because Charlotte said she had seen two massive persimmon trees just outside the town. I thought as I drove along that I must have missed them but then as I went over a rise there they were! Glowing orbs of beauty!
The farmer was picking them so I stopped and scored a bucket of fruit. Apparently the property was an orchard until after the Second World War when it was turned over to diary cows. The trees were ripped out except for these two beauties.



Yackandandah is a lovely little valley town. The school there has a fabulous vegetable  garden growing. Then on to Beechworth, I haven't been there in an age and really need to go again when I have far more time. I quickly caught up with a friend and picked up some fabulous linen fabrics. By this stage I don't think I could have fitted another thing in my car! Loaded to the gunwales!


1 comment:

  1. that part of victoria just looks glorious in autumn, and those persimmons... YUM

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!