Thursday 17 September 2009

storm tossed


I'm feeling a little skew-wiff at the moment. Perhaps it's post-break blues (it was only Tasmania though, not like some far-flung adventure) or back at RMIT doldrums or just the tumbled and pillaged state of home and studio that is sending me a little off.
We have started to get people coming in doing the 'oh I'll be back at Xmas' line.... end of Winter and not quite totally Spring (that is I haven't done a complete change over of clothing stock..... because  I'm only just at the beginning of making it all) and the fact that Xmas is just peaking over the horizon makes for one jumpy little shop keeper. 
I'm trying to work out how to cram about 3 weeks of work into a three day timeframe and it isn't looking like the time/space continuum is going to stretch like I need it to. Typical. Not like I'm asking for much. Ha!

I do have to say that being away was especially great in one huge way. 
The lack of computer and internet access was great.
I, purposely, don't have a computer etc at the studio so that I can avoid the trap of 'just checking my emails' and the senseless trawling of the internet that then follows. I've never been able to understand people who spend hours and hours on the 'interweb thingy' in search of ideas when they should in fact turn away from the screen and  let their imaginations run riot. Sadly the computer has become in some aspects a 'time-wasting machine', gobbling up hours of productive time. It's funny how the web may have enlarged our 'contacts', united like minded people, put in many ways it has narrowed a lot of our vision as well. We all begin to fish in the same little sea...........

I started writing this this morning before being 'kidnapped' for tea and a chat with Beckarooney, then it was off to teach. Coming home this evening was all about getting drenched in the rain and thinking how funny it is that yesterday I was stressing about Summer ranges. Now we are all soaked and wondering why we dropped the coat into the dry-cleaners so soon (well that's what I'm wondering, I don't know about you!).
Rain makes me peaceful. De-stresses me.
I should qualify that- it de-stresses me slightly. I still have a pile of things to sort and organise and do, the stress is still there but it's just listening to the calming watery swish of the cars going by outside.


1 comment:

  1. "It's funny how the web may have enlarged our 'contacts', united like minded people, put in many ways it has narrowed a lot of our vision as well. We all begin to fish in the same little sea..........."

    I couldn't agree more. I was thinking something along these lines just in the last couple of days. Your description is a lot nicer than mine - I was thinking along the lines of 'íncestuous'. Yes, your words are far superior!
    And it is a time waster, despite having so many advantages. I'm afraid I'm guilty though :(

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!