Thursday 2 July 2009

job description



I was thinking yesterday, as I stood on top of a 6ft high pile of rocks, that if I lead one of those lives where I had to write a description of my job no-one would believe it.
The morning had started with asking the builders next door how long they intended to be hammer drilling into our wall, a one hour telephone interview, then welcoming Yem to her first day at the Cottage, running errands (which included scouring 5 piles of rocks for the most 'rock-like' perfect rocks), back for a quick photo shoot, putting on multiple pots of dye, scrubbing rocks, taking photos, fielding lots of phone calls and inquiries, going to a meeting, pressing up gloves and finally sitting on the floor sewing doilies on to those 'perfect' rocks. 
Another day. 
Even more stuff to do.
And I haven't had one day in the studio this week.
I hate that I feel guilty if I don't go to the studio even when I am working at home. Hmmmm. I must resolve that issue. Sometime. When I have a free moment perhaps.
So you may have noticed there is quite a bit of doilyitis going on at the moment. Well come back tonight and I'll tell you all about it.


2 comments:

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!