Sunday 20 April 2008

silence is golden

I've only had about 2 days off in the last couple of months, where I could just potter.
One of those was spent mainly sleeping and the other, today, was a mixture of snoozing, reading and wandering.
On both of those days I've found that this new home is very restful on a Sunday. It is quiet with lovely drifts of bird and people noise every now and then. This is of course relative. The old Brunswick St home was never quiet, if it wasn't the tourists, it was the girls downstairs, the cars and trams and trucks........... Here I'm finding I don't even put music on during the day on a Sunday. It's nice.
Sometimes being by yourself, wrapped in peace and quiet, is just really, really refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!