Friday 14 June 2013

rainy days and friday




Well it has been a grey and rainy couple of days... just the way I like it!
I had to go out and buy new boots, my poor felt and tweed Po-Zu boots just weren't cutting it in the wet. New boots and three boxes of socks sent out from Lisa B seems to be a perfect Winter keep-warmer. We've got socks now to kit out the whole family from bub to the larger footed, I'm wearing the dark indigo with pumpkin spots today, toasty!
We've been waiting 4 months for our lampshade maker to get some stock to us and she's supposedly going to have it all ready for me to pick up at midday today. There will be pianola shades in store later today, fingers crossed.... and some new re-wired vintage bases too. It is the Dark of Winter. We've only got 1 cockatoo lamp in stock at the moment and I am waiting to get my hands on some more, lovely lovely cockatoos. 
I'm going to do a bit of a drive and pick up supplies I have run out of this morning, a loop across the eastern suburbs. I used to spend so many of my days out and about exploring but seem to stick to such a small triangulation of errands these days, zipping here and there and never lingering. I sometimes wonder what I would do if I had a Saturday morning off. I really must clean the big table up so that one day I can sit at it and read the papers (if there was anything left to them), while listening to the radio and drinking tea like I used to do. 
OK time to strap the new boots on and get moving. Things to do, places to be.



1 comment:

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!