Wednesday 3 April 2013

it's a start



This photo pretty much sums up my Easter weekend. I finally started in on the glove dyeing and 17 colours later we have new stock to go out. The colours are softer and mistier than I have done for awhile, I blame the scorching Summer weather (which I also blame for the late start dyeing). I have been longing for misty mornings and Autumn leaves, golden light and a nip in the air. The brights will come soon although a few snuck in to this palette.
Yesterday was an exhausting day of clipping, pressing and tagging the little buggers and now I have to get emails done to all my wholesale people who have been waiting patiently for me to say the gloves are ready to roll. Having two coppers boiling did make things go a hell of a lot faster, although now I keep having to move the extra one out of the shower cubicle when I want a shower. It's all glamour around here.
I woke up at 7 this morning but as it was still pitch black there was no possible way I was getting up. Now I am running a tad behind. I am not a morning person. It's off to the studio today and the mountain of work there to be done, then back to get those emails out that I didn't get done last night. Never ends.
Better make a move, I still need to winkle Jethro out from under the bunk and he is not in a good mood with me as I covered the new glove selection up last night and his 'hunting of the glove' was a bit thwarted last night.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Jethro hunt the glove game - he always picks the best colours too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!