Saturday 19 January 2013

over tit



Some days bed seems so good.
I really didn't want to get up this morning, I was snuggled down comfy and snoozy and facing the day seemed far too difficult. But I did.
Now however I really would like to crawl back into bed. I managed to go arse-over-tit coming back from getting the papers, there I was sprawled on the cobbles in the lane with a screaming twisted foot. Getting off the ground was a painful manoeuvre but I managed it, picked up all my shopping and limped back to the shop. The 'mother' in my head told me to keep moving it and it has eased off now but it is right on my Jones fracture, a bit of a weak spot, and I am hoping it doesn't swell too much (only a tiny bit at the moment). Seriously, what a dill!
I've done two shopgirl days already this week and today is Saturday (only the third this year and I am already grumbling) so I am on again. I do love my Saturdays in the shop but I am having the January grumps at the moment. Time seems to be leaking out of its bucket, it's probably not helping that I just can't seem to get a clear run in the studio. Yesterday was chopped into bits by having to be at a practise hearing at VCAT in the middle of the afternoon. That was an experience let me tell you and it wasn't the full hearing, I do hate the legal world, I want to scream 'talk normally, stop obfuscating!'. As a friend of mine said 'no time to actually WORK!' and I have to agree.
Tomorrow I must get this desk sorted. A paper avalanche seems to have happened and I am sure there are some unpaid bills lurking under it all. A search party needs to be sent in to retrieve them. Actually a search party needs to probably come looking for me in amongst all the crap strewn about home, it really is pitiful. I might get a bit more done tonight. I did manage to get half the vacuuming done last week although it got sidetracked by repotting plants and doing the washing. I am having absolutely no luck with basil third year running and should just give up on it, any hints? I think the 'backyard' might be too hot and lacking light and it just seems to rot.
OK time to get my shop day underway. I'll be the one wearing an oversized linen shirt that looks rather like a pyjama top because I am trying to channel the 'I wish I was in bed' look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!