Tuesday 21 June 2011

pfaff-ing about



My new machine arrived today. Chris and David lugged it up the stairs, rolled it along the hallway and installed it in the studio. They tinkered with my old machines, fixing timing and smoothing battered hooks and generally gave my poor old workhorses a once over.
I spent this afternoon getting to know its ins and outs. After working on the old Brother for 20 something years it was weird getting my timing right with the Pfaff, learning to be one with one's sewing machine. This machine trims and back tacks and I suppose is so much quicker because I don't have to fumble for the snippers or clean up piles of waste thread at the end of the day. I feel like I have been adulterous to my old faithful Brother but I have needed a new machine for a long time and thanks to the fabulous dollar I now have a machine that would have cost me a hell of a lot more this time last year. 
Now to get down to work and start making a dent in the pile of work that needs to be done.





2 comments:

  1. Dear Miss Pen Pen I do hope you and your new machine will be very happy together, Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. good ol chris! Gee that machine looks familiar....

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!