Tuesday 6 April 2010

denim


It took me ages to get to the studio this morning. The internet connection melted, there was errands to run and people to see, but finally I got there. Then there was the decision of what to work on......
It's all about denim at the moment. I've got denim Harvest smocks I need to finish for people but today I ripped metres and metres of denim into strips and then sewed them all back together. So I went from piles of washed denim to piles of strips of denim and molehills of denim waste thread. This always amuses me, mess and chaos to a finish something, it's a good way to clean up sometimes, by making stuff.


1 comment:

  1. Love this, Pen Pen, especially the T in dark colours in the centre. Reminds me of the work of the women of Gee's Bend.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!