Monday 13 October 2008

thor's hammer


'Ripping Yarns' has always been a family fav. Michael Palin being exceedingly silly in re-invented boy's own adventures (and we all know how much I love those- check those clocks, notebooks and cards out in the shop!). One particular favourite is 'The Testing of Eric Olthwaite' with it's black pudding monologue ('the black puddin' is very black today mother, even the white bits are black') is still mis/quoted on occasion. And who can beat Eric's obsession with the Spear and Jackson #5 shovel (I think it was a #5........ better get the dvd out) which leads me into (via a long and windy road) to my new purchase- a Thorex 708 hammer with replaceable nylon hammer bits (bet they have a name... which I do not know). It gets even better....... it's made in Shirley, Birmingham by the Thor Hammer Company. I think this is hilarious. 
It tickles me that someone got to name their hammer business after Thor! You'd be so annoyed if someone else got that name before you. Here in Melbourne there is a medical waste company called Sweeney Todd- this reduces me to a giggling ninny every time I see their trucks or a waste bin in some service station toilet. I so want to know if they on-sell to Four'n'Twenty.

Oh, and I love my new hammer, it's seriously spicko!



1 comment:

  1. You have a DVD of Ripping Yarns?!

    There is such a thing???

    Fantastic.

    One of my all time favourites.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!