Thursday 25 October 2007

too handy by half

11.30pm and I've been on my hands and knees down the side of the kitchen re-lighting the gas hot water unit.
Sometimes I really wish I wasn't quite so self-sufficient.
But the thought of no hot water in the morning and a plumber's bill overwhelmed my pathetic 'wish I had a man around the house' feeling (ridiculous because I've always been much handier and practical than any boyfriend I've ever had- and I do not believe in division of labour). I was just being lazy really and wished I had someone to palm the job off to.
Well its done now and thanks go out to the young plumber who explained to me about 6 years ago how to fix it.
If I drank, I think I'd have a nice glass of whiskey about now to celebrate. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!