Saturday 30 August 2008

spring in your step


Sweet peas, tulips, freesias.
Spring is almost here.
When I went to get the papers there were people everywhere this morning, having breakfast in the sun, walking.

I've been having dreams for the last few nights about a house, somewhere that I was moving out of (like an imaginary version of the old Brunswick Street place) and each night as I dreamt, it became more beautiful, more empty, all polished floorboards and white walls and the sunlight streamed in through imaginary windows making changing patterns in hallways and corners.

It's been a nice dream and this morning I didn't want to come out of it, so I slipped back into snooze for 15 minutes. When I woke up, I stretched whilst lying down and completely put my back and neck out. Screaming in agony I had to kinda snigger that this is what happens when you try to be a lazy lush in bed when you should be up and about! It's going to be painkillers for me today, so if you run into me today that's why I'll be shuffling about like Quasimodo.

Ridiculous!

Oh and in shop news we are having a bit of a sale on winter clothing , some of the more wintery cushions and hats and scarves.

As I said at the start Spring is nearly here and next week there will be a new window display, new Spring-y cushions and bags- and if I can get my shit together there will be new clothes trickling in in the next few weeks. 

And I did get a whole run of vintage scarf dresses done this week and they are in-store today. Always good to keep the hands busy when the brain is a bit fried.


3 comments:

  1. rest up quasimodo... and good luck with the painkillers
    I'm very much looking forward to an outing with the widget soon, and i'll be heading straight out for a gander at your spring fling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a heat pack Pen! Warm it up and then introduce some gentle movement. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whisky.

    Said the yogi.

    What you need is a holiday.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!