Sunday 18 November 2007

it's too damn hot

Being the fair skinned creature that I am, this November heat is just getting me all hot and bothered. I hate being sweaty and Melbourne's humidity just makes me think that if I wanted to live in climes like this I'd move to Sydney.



Anyway on a happier note, the jam season has started. I scored a big bag of cumquats last week and headed out to buy 120 glass jars and 6kg of sugar (not all for the cumquats, just prepared for the next fruit crop delivery). Cumquat marmalade for all my friends!

Am feeling slightly under the gun with Xmas and the studio sale coming up. The frankenboot is still a large part of my day and slows me down just a bit. Think I've overdone it a bit as the foot has been swollen a fraction by the end of the day. Oh well- things to be, places to do, people to........ you know how it is.

8 comments:

  1. Pen!

    Where do you get your jars from.

    signed,

    Jam Diva with not enough jars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I buy them from Plasdene in Preston.
    They have so many cool bottles and jars I come over weak at the knees when I go there.
    Their minimum order is $50 and it is so much easier buying them all clean and with matching lids. (Its a virgo thing you know)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes, the Lovely Plasdene. I'm glad to hear that it's still going. I haven't been for years.

    Nothing more enjoyable than cooking jam without spending 50 hours scrubbing hideous glue of the wrong size jars, and where's the matching lid.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too was about to ask about the jars...120 of them?!
    That's some serious commitment to your friends.
    I just discovered your blog via the girls over at handmadelife, and I've enjoyed my visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome Carson- and, yes, jamming is a serious form of meditation around here
    there is still apricot and raspberry season to look forward to!
    maybe fig and ginger, blackberry or the special rhubarb and pink grapefruit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We get our jars from Plasdene too - it is such a revelation to move from recycled jars and lids saying the contents are kalamata olives or some such to lovely new jars and lids of your colour choosing. Delicious.

    I have been attempting to make some peach jam here for the last two weeks but everytime I finally get to it my peaches have spoiled or over-ripened. Very frustrating indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!